After School Programs
What does our committee do?
- Interface and coordinate with after school program vendors and the Encinal main office.
- Contract and schedule with the vendors, vet new programs, and ensure all vendors are up to date with any district office requirements.
What types of responsibilities do our volunteers have?
- Schedule after school vendors.
- Evaluate new vendor applications.
- Manage the after school programs web pages on the School website.
- Ensure vendors have fingerprinting requirements met.
- Work with main office to ensure all vendors have space required.
When do we need you?
- Late summer/fall - touching base with all programs to ensure they're returning, updating website.
- Late fall – scheduling/evaluating for winter term, updating website.
- Early spring - scheduling to spring (if applicable), updating web site.
- May-June there is some negotiation and scheduling for programs that for the upcoming fall term.
How much time commitment is involved?
- ~ 18 hours/year, spread out over the time listed above, heavier in late summer/fall.
Any special skills required?
- Familiarity with online web tools.
- Comfortable interacting with outside vendors.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS COMMITTEE?
Please refer to the PTO Committees table to contact the committee chair.